Protecting your information

We need to store information about you because this helps us to monitor your progress and protect others.

What information do we keep?

We hold information about the things you tell us, as well as information from the National Probation Service, Crown Prosecution Service, the police and other agencies. All the information about you is stored securely.

Your record is likely to contain:
• personal information such as your name, address and date of birth
• details of any offences including previous convictions
• information about court orders or licence conditions
• your contact with us and our partners
• information about the risk you may pose to others.

Who we may share your information with?

We may be required to share certain information about you and your progress on an Order or Licence with agencies such as:
• the courts, Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS), the Parole Board, the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and the National Probation Service (NPS)
• criminal justice agencies such as CAFCASS and children’s services
• other organisations such as the health service, social care, employment agencies, drug and alcohol agencies.

When sharing information, we always comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Your right to see your record

If you would like to see the information we hold about you, please ask your probation worker. You can also request copies of some documents by writing to:

Data Protection Officer
Cumbria and Lancashire Community Rehabilitation Company Limited
6 Albert Edward House
The Pavilions
Port Way

Please include your name, address, date of birth and the date of your last contact with us.

In some situations, we may have to withhold parts of our own records from you. We will only do this in certain circumstances for example to protect someone else or if the information we hold about you is from another agency and we do not have their permission to disclose it. If you’re unhappy with the content of your records, please speak to your probation worker. You can also ask to speak with their manager.

If you’re still unhappy, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner – visit for further details.

Make a fresh start

If you’ve been given a community sentence we can help you to look for a new home, get a job, apply for benefits, sort out debts, overcome addiction and plan for your future through the Rehabilitation Activity Requirement.